What are Pre-Placement Assessments?
Our digital Pre-Placement Assessments, also known as Health Screening Assessments, should be considered an essential part of your employee onboarding process.
These assessments help ensure that new employees are physically and mentally fit to carry out the requirements of their new job without posing a risk to themselves or others. They can also be used for existing employees who may be changing roles or working locations.
Our biopsychosocial model
At UKIM, we provide comprehensive Pre-Placement Assessments that cover a range of health and wellbeing factors, including;
- Physical fitness
- Mental health
- Current/ongoing medical conditions.
- Social factors
This is known as a biopsychosocial model. The goal is to identify any potential health issues that may impact your new employee's ability to perform their job role, and to ensure that they receive the necessary advice and support to do so. Pre-Placement Screenings provide valuable information, helping you to make informed decisions about your new staff and ensuring you create a safe and healthy working environment for all your employees.
What do Pre-Placement Assessments involve?
- We work with you to create bespoke questionnaires tailored to your business’ unique risk profile, ensuring you receive a comprehensive evaluation of an employee's medical history.
- Note that an Assessment can only be undertaken after a job offer has been made. Prospective employees can then complete a digital questionnaire online.
- For healthcare workers, the questionnaires include an investigation of necessary immunisations.
In cases where an additional examination is needed, we provide a detailed report on the employee's fitness to commence work within 24 hours of the assessment.
Our goal is to ensure the employee's ability to perform the job requirements, and all results are reviewed by our clinical experts, who, in turn, make recommendations about a prospective employee’s fitness for work.
How Pre-Placement Assessments can benefit your business:
- They provide a baseline assessment for each employee
- You ensure a prospective employee is medically suited to their role
- They identify if a prospective employee’s health is likely to be put at risk
- You can monitor changes to an employee’s health and wellbeing over time
- They ensure Health and Safety legislation is taken into account and met
- You can make any necessary adjustments for vulnerable or disabled employees
We highly recommend that your business considers implementing Pre-Placement Assessments as part of your employee onboarding process. At UKIM, we have the expertise and experience to deliver these assessments effectively, and we are committed to helping your business promote good employee health and wellbeing.
Our commitment to you...
Our Pre-Placement checks are assessed objectively by our experts and take into account all relevant information. To protect the privacy and rights of employees, we fully comply with the Equality Act 2010, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and UK Health and Safety legislation. All information collected during a Pre-Placement Assessment is treated confidentially, and used only to assess an employee’s fitness for work. Data is securely stored and protected from unauthorised access.
Learn more about our range of Occupational Health services for businesses...
Our team of experts adopt a holistic, end-to-end approach to tackling the physical and mental health challenges your workforce may encounter and treat them through a range of effective occupational health solutions, including:
Physiotherapy & Musculoskeletal Services
Investing in physiotherapy services is an investment in the long-term health and wellbeing of your employees, and the success of your business...
Absence and Presenteeism Management
Our Absence Management systems help you determine whether staff would benefit from additional support through a range of Occupational Health services...